Friday, October 9, 2015

Wishing You...

Just taking a minute to wish you a happy day...That's what we call it out here. Tired today and the mania that has driven me on all week subsides. I haven't slept to much and today teaching is getting on my nerves although I'm prepared and monitoring my inner voice. Bhutan is intense the colors, the hygiene, the highlights and low-lights alike. That intensity is where the magic lies and one must bash on regardless. Another sunny day in the hills of Eastern Bhutan but a busy one with six periods, supervision of night study followed by dinner and Monopoly with the boys. It's a juggling act to keep all the balls in the air without dropping out. Last night went begging for alms at Karlos and Sonam's house and they hooked me up with some chicken, yum! There is absolutely no veggies for sale right now so eating is always on my mind like any tiger I presume we all gotta eat right? Whats for dinner on your side? Classroom management is what I don't like about this craft even on a good day when I see these matters as a challenge. Interacting with young people is great but that's the downside controlling and facilitating 115 students everyday. Overall I'm proud of myself for giving it the college try in what is now my fifth year of teaching if I include Korea. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world and it's good to face challenges head on in this seesaw life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment